Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

cat is appx 9-10 month old she crawls on her belly whins as

cat is appx 9-10 month old she crawls on her belly whins as if in pain
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has Tiggi been showing these signs?

Does she appear hunched or sticking her bottom into the air?

Does she seem painful when you press on her back and belly?

When she eats, does the behavior stop?

Any history of trauma?

Has she been spayed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh 3 days ok when eating not spayed she takes mateing stace trauma abandoned at 4~5 weeks old saved her life no pain when stroking back or belly

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Alexander,

If Tiggi is crawling on her belly and whining intermittently but has no pain and is perfectly normal when distracted with activities like feeding time; I would be highly suspicious that your cat is in heat/season. You can see video examples HERE and HERE. As you can see, cats often posture on their bellies with their backsides raised. Some will be very vocal, whining or crying as part of their mating call. Often people will mistake this for a cat being in pain but if we have a young unspayed cat that we can illicit no pain response during palpation and she appears normal at other times (which distracted from her hormones), then normal heat behavior would be our top concern.

In regards ***** ***** these cats will come out of season in time. That said, cats reaching sexual maturity can cycle back into heat as often as every 2 weeks unless spayed.

So, in this case, it sounds like you have a cat in heat. If you want to video what you are seeing, upload it onto YouTube, and send me the web address; I can take a look and confirm what you are seeing. But based on your history, this would be our top suspicion here.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome,

All the best,

Dr. B.