Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

my cat is falling over and seems to have losted the use of

my cat is falling over and seems to have losted the use of hes back legs he is hot to touch is there anything i can do for him
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern for Buzzbe.
It is critical to get to a vet right now for evaluation and supportive treatment. In this situation, no, there would not be a suitable over the counter remedy.
But primary concerns are for either:
1. A saddle thrombus. This is a blood clot that is thrown to the back legs causing a loss of function. Very serious
2. A possible disc herniation somewhere in the spine
3. Diabetic polyneuropathy can cause weakness to the hindlegs, but generally, not an acute onset of loss of use of the legs.
The hot to touch could suggest a possible serious infection.
So, unfortunately, stuck.
Not possible to treat at home. Wish I could do more, but giving the differentials and support for why immediate examination is needed is best I can do.
I will pray for a speedy recovery.
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Otherwise, select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance? I was not sure if my answer was satisfactory.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi ya cheers i did take it to the vets and there told me i had to make an appment to see a vet so he is back up to day he has just been laying still and not been cleaning himself he has not been himself at all your inform was v good and iam awaiting to see what there say when he comes back

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Understood Dean.
Hope it all works out.

Good Luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just a quick update on buzzbe he was put down the vet told us it was a blood clot that was in the spin we was told it was the best thing for him but your help was great

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Understood Dean.
That diagnosis is consistent with what I would expect.
Very sorry for your loss.

You and your family have my deepest sympathy and support.

Dr. Andy