Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat had kittens a week ago two weeks early.She has just

Customer Question

My cat had kittens a week ago two weeks early.She has just started acting weird she was walking really slowly and when you look at her from above her backend in front of her legs look like its caved in I went to pick her up and she really cried as if she's in pain.she is now just slouched looking really sad any advice please.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.

Scott Nimmo :

My name is Scott and I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

This is not good, it is possible that she has some form of infection related to giving birth such as a womb infection or perhaps she has retained afterbirth

Scott Nimmo :

I wish I could resolve the matter for you via the internet but it is very possible that prescription drugs such as antibiotics will be urgently required.

Scott Nimmo :

As there is really nothing you can hope to do on a home remedy basis my advice has to be to have a vet examine her without delay.

Scott Nimmo :

the fact she gave birth two weeks early could be related to this, and one week after giving birth cats could be a bit immune depressed and so more open to infections.

Scott Nimmo :

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott