Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

my gf has a cat called tearar she has been not herslfe the

Customer Question

my gf has a cat called tearar she has been not herslfe the last few days and she seems like she has a wizzing cogh and her chest hurts as she attack me when i had her on my lap and i rub her top hafe
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Both asthma and infectious tracheobronchitis (caused by either the feline herpesvirus - FHV-1 - or the bacteria Bordetella bronchiseptica) should be considered when cats cough. Less commonly, heart disease and lung cancer will cause coughing and because Tearar is elderly, I have to consider those less common etiologies.
I recommend that Tearar's vet auscultate (listen to) Tearar's chest. She's an older cat with less reserve that a much younger cat and "watchful waiting" can be dangerous at her age. X-rays of her heart and lungs are highly recommended. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm going to check back with you in a few days for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.

Please disregard the info request.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my gf has not done what i told her she told me she is back to normall i dont see how that is but ya sorry for wasteing your time as she never did anything she was told

I never argue with success. If Tearer has normalized, I'm happy.

Thank you for letting me know. I'll change my follow-up for a couple of weeks from now to see if Tearer has remained well.

Please disregard the info request.