Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My cats paw use to be pink ,one cats paw has turn all black

My cats paw use to be pink ,one cat's paw has turn all black (he also limped ,but it has stop limping) the other ,2 feet has gone black ,but 2 hands are half pink half black,and I have not noticing any limp ,thy are brother just over 1 year ,black and whit ,I am not sure ,but were told they are half big cats ,they had yellow eyes ,but the one who is bigger (who has gone all black paw)has green eyes?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello Gity, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about Salt Paper hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response,but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

It sounds like you're describing normal pigment changes which occurs as cat's mature if you're talking about the pads on the bottom of the feet. As long as there are no changes to the pad itself...no scaling or scabbing or redness.... then this would be considered normal and nothing to worry about.

The other pads which are 1/2 pink and 1/2 black may turn all black or they may remain the same color they are now.

I hope this helps to provide reassurance about this but, again, my apologies for the delayed reply. Deb