YourPetVet
YourPetVet, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years general medicine, surgery and emergency medicine
41322881

Abandoned/stray cat I am looking after now I believe has cystitis,

Abandoned/stray cat I am looking after now I believe has cystitis, as she is definitely dropping little drops of urine on the chair covers and unfortunatley she did a lot urine last night on her chair and we have had to say goodbye to the cloth covering the cushion and the cushion itself. Can I order medication for her on the internet as my car is currently not working. Would be very grateful for your professional advice. Thank You.
Category: Cat
Expert:  YourPetVet replied 2 years ago.
YourPetVet :

Hello, Thanks for your question. There are several things you can do for possible cystitis. you can use urinary acidifiers, cranberry extract and order foods specifically for urinary issues. The types of food you are going to look for are low in magnesium

YourPetVet :

Websites like www.chewy.com can help with the food

YourPetVet :

Vitamin and supplement websites like www.puritanspride.com can help with the cranberry and urine acidifiers as well as pet websites like 1800petmeds and foster and smith