Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Good Morning, My cat was very sick two nights ago and left

Good Morning,
My cat was very sick two nights ago and left a mess all over but no urine. His litterbox is dry and he was a little sick during the night. He seems alright in himself, but what is the matter with his waterworks?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

I must say that I am very worried about your lad.

If he is not passing urine, then this is an emergency and he needs to go to the vet right now.

When we have male cats that cannot urinate it is often because of a urinary blockage (crystals, inflammation, spasm, etc). These cats will often seem fine initially but perhaps show increased trips to the litter box, trying to in odd places, or straining to urinate (which can often be mistaken for trying to pass feces), and licking of the irritated privates. But as the bladder fills, they can become painful, vocalize, become ataxic (wobbly), lethargic, and even depressed/collapsed. And as time goes on with the bladder blocked, we see urinary toxins leak back into the blood. This can make them feel worse, vomit, and it can even slow and stop their heart and be fatal if not unblocked and emptied immediately.

Therefore, if he has not urinated at all and you are sure he isn't going somewhere else in the house. then you need to get Satan seen right now (by the ER vet if your vet isn't open). In this situation, it would be prudent to get your wee one to the emergency vet. To find one local to you, you can check HERE and @ http://www.vetlocator.com/.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )