Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Please help my cat is a 14 year old bengal and has just been

Please help my cat is a 14 year old bengal and has just been diagnosed with lymphocytic cholangitis. We have read online that diet really helps but cant find any food online that relates to this illness any suggestions on treatment and food would be greatly appreciated many thanks sean.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.
Food sensitivity is a possible contributing factor in lymphocytic cholangitis, and so hypoallergenic foods are recommended. Here are a few options:
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/hills-prescription-diets-hills-prescription-diet-zd-c-1030_66_96/hills-zd-ultra-allergen-free-feline-cat-food-tins-p-362
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/royal-canin-veterinary-diets-royal-canin-hypoallergenic-c-1030_65_74/royal-canin-hypoallergenic-feline-dry-dr25-p-259
These are prescription diets, so you will need a prescription from your vet to purchase them, but they are the best hypoallergenic diets to try for this condition and they would be the recommendation. They are both good, but I find that the Royal Canin hypoallergenic feline has more options, in general, if you have a finicky cat.
I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.