Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

kittens has an infected eye

kittens has an infected eye
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
How long has this problem been going on?
Are you giving the erythromycin by mouth or in eye drops?
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just noticed it was closed today. A couple of the 9 in the litter had sticky eyes but this one is pussy. I cleaned and applied the cream. Just need to know if this is correct. as usual it is the weekend. It is a crème I applied to mom who has a constant runt eye. She dies not have herpes. I am a breeder and just arrived back in UK from USA with my cats.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Although it is not legal to apply the cream it is not harmful to apply that cream to the eye as long as the cream is in fact meant for the eye. It is still very important that a vet check that eye to be sure there is not a cut or ulcer on the clear part (cornea) of the eye but in the meantime what you did is not harmful. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan