Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My cat has got a string texture stuck above his shoulder I

My cat has got a string texture stuck above his shoulder I tried to pull it but it seems ingrained
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern for Spike.
Absolutely, this is well worth a vet visit. Why?
1. Some sedation may be needed to get it removed!
2. Pain medicine
3. If the skin is broken, then a basic course of antibiotics will be necessary.
Definitely, not worth trying to mess with it at home, in addition, we don't have the ability to provide the proper pain or anti-inflammatory management.
Very sorry to hear about this concern, but it should be fairly easy for a vet to address.
Good Luck!
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Otherwise, select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I have a problem getting the cat out if the house he is a bengal cat last time I moved him he was very traumatised do vets visit?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Completely understand Alex.
But, under the circumstances, any further delay will be far more costly.
Worth the vet visit for sure since it can't be easily addressed at home.
Dr. Andy