Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

i have a kitten and he never seems full as he constantley

Customer Question

i have a kitten and he never seems full as he constantley eating, He has even gone to eat the dog food However im more concerned as he had watery eyes and sneezing al the time. I have another cat and a dog. Are my other animals at risk?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Monty's watery eyes and sneezing. How long have you owned him? How old is he exactly? Is he indoors only now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Monty is 1 in November, i have had him from when he was 3mounths and he stays in most of the time However he has stated going out of a night and comes back After 2-3 hrs.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that information Janet. As far as his eating all the time, some kittens are very food motivated! Some just literally like to eat. If he is being active and playing a lot, that combined with still growing can lead to a good appetite. If he was having problems keeping on weight, intermittent loose stools or vomiting - then the consideration for intestinal parasites would be brought up. You can always take a stool sample to your vet to screen for intestinal parasites.
As far as the watery eyes and sneezing, the consideration there is a feline upper respiratory infection. More than likely a good immune system, good nutrition, and time will let his body fight this off. Here is a good link on this.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=613
The other cat can get this from him if that is what it is. It is like a cold for cats in most cases. The dog shouldn't be at risk. He may have picked it up on his adventures at night.