Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Hi..my kitten is between 7-8 months old and I havent had her

Hi..my kitten is between 7-8 months old and I havent had her spayed due to being an indoor cat but she has managed to get out a few times. My next door neighbours have a non neutered male cat, she has all the signs of early pregnancy except the pink nipples. Is it possible she could be pregnant?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
Yes it certainly can be possible for her to be pregnant. Some kittens can get pregnant as early as 6 months of age and then they are pregnant for about 63 days. So it is physically possible for her to be pregnant at this time. It is also possible that her hormones are tricking her into a false pregnancy where she'll have all the physical signs but and may even act like she's nesting but she would in fact not be pregnant.
I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it be worth taking her to the vets asap?or leave it a little longer?

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend taking her to the vet, even if she's pregnant and you don't have a moral objection to it then she can be spayed. If you don't want her spayed you can still have her examined to see if she's pregnant or pseudopregnant so you can make appropriate changes to her diet. It is not an emergency however so you don't need to make an immediate trip but when your vet is next open a visit is a good idea.
Dr. Dan