Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

My two young cats often wash each others ears of course, but

Customer Question

My two young cats often wash each others ears of course, but one has been a bit over-enthusiastic, resulting in the other one having a sore ear (eternal). Just wondering if I can put anything on it that will taste bad enough to put the other one off doing it! They can`t bear to be seperated.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Dr. Susan :

Yes, we can definitely try a few different things (trial and error) until we find something that works.

Dr. Susan :

You can try a bitter apple spray which is available over the counter at regular pet stores.

Dr. Susan :

You can also try tabasco or vinegar.

Dr. Susan :

The tabasco might cause some tingling, so try a small amount first!

Dr. Susan :

If I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask. If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.