Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

A cat has come to stay for us for three months. We have an

A cat has come to stay for us for three months. We have an Electrolytic & Electronic Scale Inhibitor fitted to water coming into house - it stops scale build up without salt. Is this likely to have any detrimental effect on the cat who likes to drink from a running tap?
Your advice very welcome as am worried.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 years ago.

Hello Barbara, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response,but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I can't see where this filter would cause any problems for a cat who likes to drink water from the tap, especially since it's a non-chemical method for altering the characteristics of hard water. The absence of scale in the water is also not worrisome since cats don't need scale in their diets.

I can understand why you might be concerned but I hope that I've reassured you that there's nothing to worry about.

My apologies, again, for the delayed reply. Deb