Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

my cat has started chasing her tail not in a playfull way but

my cat has started chasing her tail not in a playfull way but nastily what should i do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Loretta : Good morning. Often, they are doing this chasing because there is something bothering Misty that you cannot see. This could be an allergic reaction so the first thing to do is to give her 10 mg of Benadryl every 12 hrs. If this is an allergic reaction, this will resolve this within a few hours. If this continues, then you will have to have your vet examine Misty because it could be blocked anal glands, fleas, or some other injury that will require veterinary care.
Dr. Loretta : sincerely, ***** *****
Customer:

Thank you for the advice but where is the best place to get benadryl?

Dr. Loretta :

Benadryl can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy. It is the human product. It is worth a try and will not hurt Misty.

Thank you so much, Simon, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Misty feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!