My name is***** and I will do my best to help you with your questions about Eddy. I'm so sorry he is having this problem but glad you are looking for the information you need to help him.
I will be able to be more helpful if you return online and we can chat back and forth until you are satisfied with the information I've provided.
To join the conversation, simply type in what you want to say and click REPLY.
In the meantime, I'll do my best to provide you with as much information as possible without having you here to answer more questions about Eddy.
The most common thing to cause a previously healthy, 6-year-old cat to refuse to eat and fail to have a bowel movement are the following:
1. Having swallowed an object or string that is causing an obstruction in the stomach and/or intestines.
2. An infectious disease causing a loss of appetite. These may be viral, bacterial, or fungal.
3. A wound or injury that has become infected. Sometimes this is a tiny puncture wound that is hard to find. If it causes a fever, however, a cat is not likely to eat.
4. A metabolic disorder like liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and others.
Good. I see you are now online. Can you please tell me if Eddy is vomiting?
Just type in your answer and click REPLY
While I wait for your response, I'll add the following.
not at present
5. Exposure to some kind of toxin, chemical, heavy metal, pesticide, or other poison.
Glad to hear Eddy isn't vomiting now. Has he been vomiting lately?
may be a poisoned rar/mouse????
Yes, it is also possible for a cat to become poisoned by consuming a mouse or rat who's eaten rat or mouse poison.
As you can see by the five things I listed, there are A LOT of different possible reasons for a cat like Eddy to become sick like this.
The only way you'll be able to help him is to determine which of those things (or maybe even something else) that it is. Then he can receive the appropriate treatment. The best way to make this determination is to take him to the vet and have the necessary testing done.
o I see you typed in ACTION REQUIRED. Please let me know what else I can do to be more helpful.