Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat was lively n running around with my other cat I gave

Customer Question

My cat was lively n running around with my other cat I gave them a cat treat which they both ate n then I went into the kitchen to make their dinners and give them fresh water
Normally Millie is the first to follow me in there but she didn't which was strange then I heard howling and she came into the kitchen howling and hyperventilating so I picked her up and tried putting water on my fingers to moisten her mouth but she refused so I took her in to the living room with me she got off my knee onto the floor n wet on the floor so I cleaned up n put her on her blanket to make her comfy ten minutes later she got up went in the kitchen and vomited on her mat so ive cleaned up gone out to the bin came back n she has vanished she is hiding and I can't find her im very worried about her earlier today I was eating my dinner and I turned away for a moment to find Millie eating crushed carrot,butternut squash,sweet potato mixed with butter I shooed her away so I'm not sure how much she had
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

First, I would just note that nothing in your veggies would have caused Millie any harm. Now can you tell me:

What did she pass in her vomit (ie hair, food, etc)?

Had she passed a large volume of urine on the floor or a small amount?

If you can locate her, are her gums pink or pale/white?

Does her belly have any discomfort, tensing, or pain when you press on it?

Is there anything she could have eaten (ie bone, toy, plant, string, toxin) ?

Has her breathing settled (>30 breaths per minute)?