Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat had comfortis Monday night and Tuesday

Customer Question

My cat had comfortis Monday night and Tuesday was sick,then Wednesday was vomiting really bad. since then she hasn't moved from the bed. I 've managed to get her to drink some water but this morning she doesn't want to drink or eat. I phoned vets yesterday and they reckon it isn't the tablet ,I think it is and don't know what to do

Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Did she keep the water down that she drank?

Can you confirm that the Comfortis was the right dose for her weight and species?

Any diarrhea?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apparently she has had the dose prescribed by my vet. She's kept the water down. I took her back to the vet and she has had blood test etc and injection to calm her stomach down but she hasn't moved or eaten since coming back from the vets.I have to take her back tomorrow but I have n t seen any improvement.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Laura,

Since you did already go to her vet, did you want to still discuss Puss's situation?

Or would you like me refer your question to customer services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thank you. Your help came too late and I couldn't wait any longer so decided to take her to the vets because her condition was getting worse and was really worried. She had another 5 injections and seems to have picked up really well. So I no longer need your help thank you and for your time