Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

my cat who is 8yrs is sneezing and has yellow discharge coming

my cat who is 8yrs is sneezing and has yellow discharge coming from her nose, is there something I can do or should I get her to a vet
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she eating and drinking?
2- Is she lethargic?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she is eating and drinking and she is not lethargic

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Fraiza, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory infection. The best option is to have her checked by family veterinarian to start her on oral antibiotics. In the meantime, open the hot water in your bathroom and allow her to breath the vapor/steam for 5 minutes 2-3 times a day, this will help clear her nasal passages.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter