Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

why does my cat keep flicking his legs back @ front legs

Customer Question

Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Elvis is having spasms, this is of a neurologic nature which can be due to arthritis in his neck that is interfering with the nerve supply causing this. It also could be due to liver disease which also affects the neuroligic system and can cause this. Have your vet examine Elvis and run blood work....if this is arthritis, they will have medication to help this. If this is liver disease or something more serious such as a brain tumor, there are treatments for this too.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Lorraine, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Elvis feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!