Rebecca
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Hello, We have 2 three month old female kittens, 1 kitten

Customer Question

We have 2 three month old female kittens, 1 kitten is using the litter tray the other is using the floor! They have been with us for 1 week now and we have gone from having 2 litter trays to 4 litter trays but not getting anywhere.
Please help!
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about your problems with the kittens.The first thing I would try is adding an herbal additive called Cat Attract to the litter. It really gets some cats with litter box avoidance to use a litter box.I also recommend not having the food anywhere near the litter boxes; cats don't like to eliminate where they eat. Using unscented clumping litter is another thing I recommend. You should remove any covers or hoods from the litter boxes.Let me know what else I can answer, or help with. RebeccaIf all this fails, I would try confinement for awhile: keeping her in a small room like a bathroom, with a litter box, to make her use it. Once she is using it, try letting her into the rest of the house.