Rebecca
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

my cat has thickening of the bladder they want to open him

Customer Question

my cat has thickening of the bladder they want to open him up to see what is going on he has a lot of urin infections two years know and they think it might be a mass or cancer they don't know I don't want him opend up as he seems ok and playing his eyes are clear and he eats small amounts as he is an indoor cat I don't know what to do best
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
,
I am sorry to hear about Smudge's problems.
I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Since bacteria has been seen in his urine, has a urine culture been done. That means getting a sample of urine by catheter or directly out of his bladder, and sending it to the lab to find out what kind of bacteria it is, and what antibiotic is most effective bacteria.
Has an ultrasound of his bladder been done? An ultrasound and a culture are things I would do before opening him.
Let me know what else I can answer or help with.
Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you good rating.
Rebecca
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he has had operation and they said he has got a infection of the bladder and he is on inflammatory if it starts up again and he is on cisteese tablets every day yh

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you fo rthe update. Hope he is feeling better.
Rebecca