Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My 6year old cat suddenly stopped eating and drinking . Took

Customer Question

My 6year old cat suddenly stopped eating and drinking . Took him to the vet who put him on a drop kept him days . When I picked him up they gave me anti sickness tablets(he was not being sick before he went ... But he had vomited once a few days before he stoped eating) he has eaten 2 packets of special food . So said come and pick him up but they oy took him off the drip the day I picked him up . After two hours at home he vomited all he had eaten up ... Now on antibiotics . But eating oy small amount ?? The vet said that he need nit need ??
What can I do I do have insurance .what can I feed him now ?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. To answer you directly, I would hospitalize Robinson once again and not release him until he was appetent and not vomiting hours. It's not a question of what you can feed at this time but whether or not he can retain that which is offered...and so far he can't.

Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I need to see what else other than the increased white blood cell count was found.

Can you clarify what "eating oy small amount" and "but they oy took him off the drip" means? (Is this oy vey? He's a Jewish cat?)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you He is eating now not as much as before but happy and playful . . Not vomiting at all now . I think the Antibiotics have kicked in now . So I am going to complete his medication ( and if things improve all well and good if not take him back)
Thank you so much ... He does catch and eat mice ???? Possible caught something off a mouse
Thank you so much
Yours sincerely
Joan
That's good to hear, Joan. I appreciate your letting me know. Yes, eating a rodent might not sit well with a dmesticated cat!

You may receive an sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.