Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My cat has been sick twice first time with a hair ball the

My cat has been sick twice first time with a hair ball the second time the vomit was white , since then his nose is dry and warm and he is walking funny and very slowly and he meows when we pick him up.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

When was the first time he vomited? Does he go outside? Any chance he could have eaten thread, string, or foreign objects?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My cat does not go outside. Unsure weather he could have eaten foreign but it is possible .He vomited the first time around 3:30 pm and the second time around 7pm.

Okay. I would give omeprazole 10-20mg (not sure what your brand name is ***** ***** the UK, but it is called Prilosec here in the states) once daily starting tonight. I would not give any food or water for 6-8 hours, then I would feed a bland diet of chicken or beef baby food in jars (with no other ingredients) warmed up in small meals every few hours throughout the day tomorrow. If all goes well you can switch back to the usual food in 2 days. If he continues to vomit or not eat you will need to see a vet for some testing.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.