Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My cat has just found and bitten into a glow bracelet. It doesn't

My cat has just found and bitten into a glow bracelet. It doesn't look like much fluid has gone from inside but my cat was running about constantly licking his lips and salivating. I wiped his mouth with a cloth of Luke warm water once I realized what had happened and he seems to be fine now and has finished eating his dinner as well. will he be ok?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to help you. The liquid in glow bracelets are minimally toxic. At most, they may cause irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes, which that seemed to happen with the salivating. I don't expect any toxicity to any organs, though. He should be okay. Just continue to watch him and report any further problems, such as lack of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pain or bloody stool. I would be more concerned if he swallowed the glow bracelet. That can cause an obstruction. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.