Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

, i hope you are well.we have noticed over the last

Customer Question

hello, i hope you are well. we have noticed over the last 2 weeks one of our cats is not using the litter box in the mornings (not every day, but most mornings). i am conserned as he seems fine in himself, he is in no pain but he does get bullied by 1 other cat in the house.. we have added another litter box upstairs where he feels more comfortable but again he has left a poo right next to the litter box in the kitchen. we have the litter trays where they are covered like a cave, so i thought i would take the lid off but he has still left one right next to it.. i really hope he is ok and wondering if you have any advise you can give me? we currently have 5 cats in the house, 2 moggy boys both neutered, 1 persian female and 1 persian kitten girl also one persian male not neutered. they are all kept inside, i have recently bought a cat flap which shoul arive soon so i can let the 2 moggies outside

Thank you!! Sophie

Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about your problems with Max. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Is he using the litter box for urination; is it just defecation he does outside the litter box?
How many litter boxes do you have for the 5 cats?
Which one of the 5 cats is Max, a moggy or a Persian? Which one of the cats is the bully?
Is Max having diarrhea at all, or is his stool normal looking?
Behaviour questions can be complex and rarely have a quick and easy answer. The more information I have, the better answer I can give you.
Rebecca