Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I have just bought a 8week old kitten, last Wednesday when

I have just bought a 8week old kitten, last Wednesday when I first bought him home he had a rather large stomach for it's size, not too worried about it at the time. Oscar the kitten's name had a really good appetite. He was fed on whiskers kitten and kitten milk, by Friday, he started vomiting and diarrhoea, I went to the pet shop they said it was worms so I gave him a treatment and changed his food to white fish and water today he his bleeding from his bottom and very lathargic today very worried
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

Can you tell me the name of the drug that was applied (the active ingredient)?
When you say that he is bleeding from his bottom, do you mean that there is blood in the stool, or drips of blood on his anus? Can you take a photo of his anus and attach it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bob Martins worming treatment for cats and kittens. I am afraid I through the packaging away so I do not know the active ingredient. There is no bleeding from his bottom it happens when he passes a motion. He does not meow when passing a motion but it is very smelly more than normal
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Okay. This could be from the dewormer or it could be from the abrupt change in food. I recommend trying to collect a stool sample and drop it off at your local vet clinic tomorrow to have it checked for parasites. There are many intestinal parasites that kittens can have thet are not covered by the basic dewormers. I would buy some chicken or beef baby food in jars with no added ingredients, and I would warm that up and feed that exclusively until the stools are back to normal. Just water and baby food, nothing else. The baby food is very bland and can help the intestines and stomach heal. If he is still very lethargic tomorrow, take him to the vet with you when you drop off the stool sample. But it is very important that you bring the stool sample so that your vet will know which dewormer to prescribe to rid him of the parasites.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience: ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005