Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

my cat has look like bites all over her body but I don't think

Customer Question

my cat has look like bites all over her body but I don't think its fleas because I have fleaed her twice
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

More than likely, if you are seeing tiny itchy scabs all over your cat, you are dealing with an immune condition. It involves a white blood cell called eosinophils, and is common in cats. It is treated with a long-acting steroid injection that your vet can give, and then the scabs will go away. Whenever they come back, usually once or twice a year, you just see your vet for the steroid injection. Unfortunately, there is no other treatment, so there is not much you can do at home to help with this.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.