Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My cats symptoms are frequent weeping blood in her wee pain

My cats symptoms are frequent weeping blood in her wee pain when weeing excessive licking weeing on the floor and her wee is very smelly
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
3- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 no other symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, the history and symptoms you are describing are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, the increase in frequency to urinate is because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent; the increase in frequency does not allow the bladder to accumulate enough urine and only produces a small amount of urine every attempt. The bloody urine is a sign of inflammation in the urinary tract; Other possible causes could be bladder stones. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian to rule out bladder stones and start her on oral antibiotics. In the meantime, increase her fluid intake by offering low sodium chicken broth and wet food; the flushing action of water will help with the inflammation or infection.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter