Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

cat

Customer Question

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cat not eating sick after drinking no energy not purrring doesnt want to be touch help have a vetanary appointment tomoro not sure if he will make it till then cat very thin but has a hard swollen stomache

Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

I am quite concerned about your cat based on what you have written. We need to determine if this is an emergency situation such that your cat cannot wait until tomorrow. Signs that would indicate this is an emergency and you should not wait would include profound drowsiness/lethargy, pale/white (or yellow) gums, dehydration (dry gums), profuse vomiting/diarrhea, or abdominal pain (when you press on his abdomen he gets mean/tries to bite or howls in pain), or frequent trips to the litter box without urinating.

Dr. Joey :

Should you note any of those then I recommend have him seen right away on emergency. Otherwise, you could monitor. You should keep him somewhere safe indoors. Somewhere warm and out of drafts with his food/water nearby. Then, have him seen as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 years ago.

You appear to be unavailable for a live chat or we are having a tough time connecting.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.

I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.