Hi Dr. Bruce,
I wanted to wait until we'd heard the results after Bobo went back in for further test...we received the results on Wednesday.
Thankfully, the original thought of cancer wasn't the case so no chemo needed!! I can't tell you how relieved we were for him.
the bloody tests came back fine for thyroid, glucose levels etc....and all 3 of his lymphnoids negative for cancer.
His X-rays also showed no arthritis in his bones.
It turns out, his pancreas is 3 times larger than it should it.
our vet mentioned IBD?...but he is running further tests on its full function to understand how serious the issue is.
On Tuesday, we should learn more on how be told how to move forward with his diet and oral steroids....
the thought at the moment, depending on the further results, is Bobo should be able to gain back his muscle and weight loss! :-)
His previous weight was around 7kilos...he is now just under 4.
the only query the vet has it that Bobo isn't being sick as frequent as he would have thought with the pancreas being so inflamed...this will be something he needs to understand more...
we have mentioned his eye and nose running frequently...gooey and black which makes his eye squint...i mentioned his red ear a few months ago and we don't think this has fully disappeared. Our vet mentioned herpes...a or so virus for cats to come across but due to Bobo's FVI, it may have taken hold.
this will be another area the vets will look at.
so, it's Tuesday as the next step...any thought at all, please let me know.
as always, your feedback has been a huge help.