Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Baby kitten 1-2 weeks old

Customer Question

hello, a friend found a very small kitten, no more than 2 weeks old. have it at home with me. bottle feeding royal canin baby milk.  my understanding is that it was without food for 8 hours, even though it drank 9-10 ml of milk (plus a few dribbles) but this seems like a huge amount, compared to the guidelines. Now when offered it doesn't want any more so assuming full  It is still exceptionally restless and crying - wont sit still, keeps yelling. I know it is probably freaked out and missing his mum, but a bit worried that he wont settle.

wait, he just went to sleep, after 3 hours of yelling and wriggling.(have stimulated for waste also) any advice / ideas all of the websites I find give a perfect scenario of a very good baby kitten that eats, sleeps and is happy.

Category: Cat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. From what you said it sounds like you are being quite successful with this little one. . .thank you for taking him on.
Do you still have further questions. . .it's been awhile since you posted? If not, I will ask the administration to refund your deposit.