Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My husband passed away in janu and the cat as been playing

Customer Question

my husband passed away in janu and the cat as been playing up I work long hours from 3pm one day until 3pm the next day she as had my husband here for 24hrs 7days aweek for the last 2years she just keeps spiting at me and I am having to sit up at all hours until she comes in when I am not at work cant leave her out because a tom cat goes for her could I have her put to sleep no one can take hr in
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. If your schedule isn't working for her and you are both struggling, then rehoming her would be ideal. In regards ***** ***** you have not listed what you have tried or who you have contacted. Therefore, I will outline some potential avenues for you to consider. First, you can consider ringing Cat's Protection (HERE) or the RSPCA (HERE). Both offer rehoming for cats. Furthermore, here is a wee link via Cat Chat that you can use to see what rescues and shelters may be around you (HERE). Finally, this is certainly something to ring your vet about. Many vets work with local rescues and charities and will have close ties to them. Therefore, they may be able to put you in contact with someone who can take her, they may be able to take and transfer her for you, or let you at least put up a notice for rehoming her in their practice. So, those would be our main avenues here to see if we can get her somewhere that suits her better before we have to consider putting her down.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )