Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

This morning I noticed my cat had been in the same position

Customer Question

This morning I noticed my cat had been in the same position for quite a long time.When I tried to move her she yowled and spat and seemed as if her back legs were injured because she couldn't walk very well.I took her to the vet immediately and she was there all day until we picked her up about 5.30. this evening.They said her bloods were all ok except her blood glucose was 8.5, but although they didn't x-ray her said they didn't think anything was broken.They gave her a painkilling shot and gave us medication to give her tomorrow,but she's hardly moved since we brought her home.They advised us to monitor her for a few days.she's eaten a little bit since she's home.I'm worried she could have a fracture and it hasn't been spotted.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Is she dragging her back legs? 2- What was she doing when all this started? 3- Is she strictly indoors? 4- What is the name of the medication she is on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.