Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist in health and behavior 40+ yrs.
Experience:  Author of cat articles and Cat Expert on Just Answer for 8+ years. Lifetime Cat Owner and Caregiver. Former Vet Asst.
1470369

My 2 year old neutered cat only comes home at night

My 2 year old neutered cat only comes home for food at night for last 7 nights
Category: Cat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will continue waiting

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and your kitty.

Can you please clarify what your question is? Are you trying to keep your cat inside/at home for a longer period of time?

Has he always been an indoor-outdoor cat?

Does he seem to be in good shape, for example, not wounded or hurt in any way, when he does return home? Does he act normally?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a short while to go through it and compose/send your detailed answer.

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sebastian came home 3 days ago and is well and happy.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello again, and thanks so much for your excellent update on Sebastian.

I'm so glad to hear that he's home and all is well and happy! Laughing

I can imagine your worry, when he was not home for 3 days!

He may have found some 'playmates' or it's possible, someone in the neighborhood is leaving food/water outside for stray cats (or their cat) and once he found another food source, he didn't feel it was necessary to return home every night.

If you would like to prevent this type of incident from happening again, you can try to make him an indoor kitty only, but if he's used to going out and likes the outdoors, perhaps you can put up a cat enclosure so he can enjoy being outside, but be safe. Another idea is to put up a 'cat fence' that he can't get over, and this will restrict his movement to only your yard. Here are some examples:

http://www.purrfectfence.com/

http://www.paws.org/library/cats/home-life/outdoor-enclosures/

These are just some ideas and I'm sure you can find a store or company that makes the same or similar items where you live.

Also, I hope Sebastian is up to date on his vaccinations and is also microchipped and/or wears a collar with your identification on it, so if someone picks him up and thinks he's a stray, when he's outside, he can be identified and reunited with you.

Your great news just made my day and thank you so much for sharing it!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Experience: Author of cat articles and Cat Expert on Just Answer for 8+ years. Lifetime Cat Owner and Caregiver. Former Vet Asst.