Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

Cat came home half an hour ago, in mild panic state rushing

Cat came home half an hour ago, in mild panic state rushing around in bursts, has obviously had diarrhoea, every so often panting with mouth open, and licking and pulling at the fur on his paws can't settle and in distress. Can you help us with advice? He had a second vaccination at vets today Nobivac Tricat Trio

Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response, but your requested expert isn't online which delayed your question coming up on the list for all to answer. I would like to help if you are still interested in an opinion.Merlot needs a veterinary visit now. He is having all the symptoms of an allergic reaction, including rapid rate of breathing, itchy feet, and diarrhea. This can progress and become very serious. He should be treated with steroids to stop the reaction, injectable anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea medications, and possibly kept for intravenous fluids support.My apologies on your wait, but I wanted you to know that is not a condition where treatment at home is a good option.