Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Good morning. My 2 year old ginger Tom, Keith, has had some

Customer Question

Good morning. My 2 year old ginger Tom, Keith, has had some strange wound type things appear. One is on the left of his face where his whiskers start & is half a centre in diameter. Another is under his chin on the right & is a few millimetres in diameter. The largest on is on his left hand side just below his spine & just over an inch in diameter. The other is between his ears & half a centimetre in diameter. All are still covered in hair & look like they have been bleeding slightly. He seems slightly quiet in himself, still friendly & purring & eating & drinking.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are the lesions itchy for him?
Are you seeing him groom them frequently?
What antihistamine did you use? What dose?
Has he been treated for fleas/mites in the past 4 weeks? What brand did you use?

Can you take a photo of these lesions? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.