Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Can I buy METHIMAZOLE gel in the UK other than from my veterinary

Customer Question

Can I buy METHIMAZOLE gel in the UK other than from my veterinary surgery, and if so where?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The methimazole gel is a product compounded by specialty compounding pharmacies. It's not something you can find in conventional druggists. It's possible for your cat's vet to give you a prescription for the gel and for you then to shop the veterinary formulating pharmacies in the UK for the best price. When you have the prescription in hand googling the keywords "veterinary formulating pharmacy UK" is most expedient.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.