Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

Sleeping most of the time no energy not eating or drinking

Customer Question

Category: Cat
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian in the US who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm really sorry to hear that Pheebe isn't feeling well. I'd like to get some more information so that I can get a better idea of what's going on.How long has it been since you noticed that she was ill?Does Pheebe have any other health problems that she's begin treated for currently?When was the last time that she ate or drank anything?Thanks and I'll await your reply :)~Dr. Sara
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
It's been some time, and I'm not sure that you're still online, so I'll leave you a note with my thoughts.
It's not unusual for older kitties like Pheebe to sleep quite a lot, however, if an older kitty isn't eating for more than 24 hours, I usually want to examine them. The symptoms that you are describing are very nonspecific, which means that they can be a sign of a very large number of diseases from simple things like a stomach virus to very severe things like kidney failure, diabetes, or cancer. In light of the fact that Pheebe is 15 years old, I'd recommend that you call your vet to have her seen as soon as you're able.
You can try tempting her to eat with warm moist strong smelling foods like baby food or canned cat food. Keep her warm and comfortable until you can get her seen.
Please let me know if you get back online what is going on.Thanks :)
~Dr. Sara