Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat has stopped miaowing and when he trys only a tiny sound

Customer Question

My cat has stopped miaowing and when he trys only a tiny sound comes out of his mouth. I think he has a temperature as he feels hot. He is still eating and toileting. When he purrs he can purr for so long then the purr seems to get stuck in his throat and he has to gulp to start purring again. What is wrong with him and should i take him to the vet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry to learn Tom is having trouble with his voice. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any nasal discharge, coughing or sneezing? 2- Any other symptoms? 3- How long has this been going on?