Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I have two semi wild cats - mother and daughter, which I never

Customer Question

I have two semi wild cats - mother and daughter, which I never really touched or rubbed, they come to be fed twice daily and have a comfortable bed in the garage and that would be our relationship for now as I only have them a few months. I have a dog that is chronic epilepic and his morning tablets are two 100 gabapentin and three 60 mg phenobarbital. My dog wouldn't eat his tablets mixed in with his food and I went out to get some chicken, the two cats got in through the window and ate the food with the meds in. they are quite asleep but am very worried that they might not wake up or will they just sleep it off. I am a so worried as they are part of my life. Please give me hope.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long ago did they get into this?
Are either cats gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate of each for me (just count their breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?