Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat is 8/9 years old, male. He has suddenly lost interest

Customer Question

My cat is 8/9 years old, male. He has suddenly lost interest in eating or drinking, does not want to move from his spot on the sofa. He has not moved in 24 hours either to ask to go outside or use his litter tray. He has not eaten or taken any fluids in this time. When petted he will lift his head, meow and purr lowly, whilst wagging his tail as if he wants to e left alone. His ears feel quite cool to he touch whilst underneath his chin feels normal temperature. I have tried to tempt him to eat and offered him water where he is sat but he does not want them. Any ideas?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- Any other symptoms?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.