Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

My 6 and a half year old bengal (female) cat had her booster

my 6 and a half year old bengal (female) cat had her booster yesterday. She was subdued when we got home, but has been, apart from when she sleeps, she is continually crying. If I shine the laser pen on the floor she chases the dot, not eaten what she would normally eat. Is this a normal reaction to the booster?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
It's definitely possible that this is an adverse reaction to her vaccine. Which booster did she have yesterday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know what booster it was, they text me to say her annual booster which she has this time of year was due, should I contact them, is it urgent. it is nearly midnight here in the UK so it would mean an emergency appointment
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Is she breathing normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has eaten, and has played if I play with her but very unsettled. continual crying. Yes breathing is normal, not rapid or short of breath
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Last, can you lift her lip and check the color of her gums?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try, hold on a min
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from what i can see they look pink but it was literally only lifting up her top lip and seeing a little bit of her gum, but the vet looked yesterday and they look the same i think.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Great. It sounds like she is uncomfortable and unsettled, but she sounds stable. As long as she does not begin to vomit or experience difficulty breathing, you should be able to wait until tomorrow to have her seen by your regular vet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i play with her she stops
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Excellent. Continue to encourage her to eat and drink. You can offer dilute chicken broth or dilute water from a tuna can to entice her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok great, but if anything changes i will get an emergency app tonight, is this common
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
No, we don't see this very frequently, but it certainly happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok should i try to hold her, she doesnt normally like to be held only on her terms, will try the tuna water
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
If she doesn't want to be held, let her be. If she is acting clingy and wants to be touched, then that's fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome! Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek. Here is my website if you need to reach me again: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drsusanfriend/