Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Cat injured in fight - no vet open Cat willnot let us touch

cat injured in fight - no vet open Cat willnot let us touch him. please advise
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This is normal for cats to hide after an injury such as this. It may take some time to get him but at some point , you will have to examine Jasper to know what is happening. Use a large towel to put over him and check him all over. IN most cases, there will be lacerations that can be cleaned with peroxide if he will let you. For now, leave him alone to quiet down and then attempt to examine his wounds, if there are any. Jasper will eventually either get weak or want to be helped. Since he is in his bed, use the towel to cover him and hold on and examine any lesions. In most cases, the injuries will be superficial. Jasper may be able to clean tehse areas himself but they can often form an abscess that your vet will have to treat. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****