Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat has a bad scab on the back of her tail, it's got

Customer Question

Hi my cat has a bad scab on the back of her tail, it's got worse over the week. She isn't sensitive spwhen I touch it but it's sore
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. If Amber had associated with other cats in the last week or so, I'd be concerned that that scab covers a bite wound. I'm likely to remove the scab to have a better look at what's underneath - particularly because it has gotten worse which suggests progressive infection/abscessation. "She isn't sensitive when I touch it but it's sore." is unclear. If it's sore it's sensitive, no? Can you upload a photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.