Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Licking gential area coughing sneezeing

Customer Question

licking gential area coughing sneezeing
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. This coughing and sneezing may be due to allergies and the licking at the genital area may be related to this or it may be a separate condition. If your guy is neutered, have your vet check his anal glands that can become impacted and cause this licking. Also, the licking can become an Obsessive/Compulsive disorder since every time he licks, the area becomes more irritated causing him to lick more and so on. An Elizabethan Collar can stop this because he cannot get to this area. The licking may be related to this allergic reaction so give Rebel Benadryl 10 mg every 12 hrs. If he will not take a pill, dissolve this in warm water and then give this with a dropper or syringe. You should see a response within a day. If you do not, have your vet examine Rebel to be sure we have not missed anything. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****