Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cats behaviour changed very suddenly four days ago,

Hi, my cats behaviour changed very suddenly four days ago, he has gone from constantly wanting to be petted by me, always sitting on my knee, always following me around the house, to now ignoring me. He won't interact at all, he doesn't appear to be in pain he still eats and drinks, although he now sleeps constantly. I'm really getting upset as he no longer feels like my beloved cat.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. Now I don't think its you, I think its Chillie. His behaviour is suggestive of withdrawing and with the increased sleeping tells us that he is feeling under the weather. If he had had an aversion to you personally, his activity level would be the same but he'd run away or just avoiding you (perhaps go outside or move to other rooms when you entered). So, while he isn't giving you specific signs of what is amiss (ie vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing, issues passing urine --a feline emergency, etc); what he is showing would be more consistent with lethargy due to the immune system rerouting energy to fight off an ongoing subclinical infection. Therefore, we'd not want to panic here but keep an eye on him. You may want to offer him a heating pad to sleep on +/- give a bit more food for energy. Of course, if this lingers or you do start to see specific signs over the weekend, then we'd want to plan to have a check up to get to the root of this for Chillie and get you two back to normal life. Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )