Rebecca
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My male kitten is 8 weeks old and has a lump on his belly -

Customer Question

my male kitten is 8 weeks old and has a lump on his belly - should I be worried? It is squidgy and doesn't bother him when we touch it - it feels like it is in a sac
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your kitten. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How big is this lump? If it is right in the middle of his belly, this is probably a harmless lump of fat that is at his umbilicus ("belly button"). If it is soft and nonpainful, I would not be too worried. If you can push on it, and push it back inside his belly, then he may still have a small open hole where his umbilicus is, which is also not a problem unless it is a large hole (more than 1/4th inch). I would not be worried, but I would get it checked when you take him for his vaccinations. As long as it is not painful, and he is normally active and eating, it is probably not serious. Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions you have.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see my answer! Let me know if I can help with or answer anything else.