Rebecca
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Cat has been sick 3 times still eating and using the litter

Cat has been sick 3 times still eating and using the litter tray. Can you help
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sapphire. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Over how long a period of time were the three episodes of being sick? Did she vomit liquid, food, foamy saliva?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vomit food 3 space out over today
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
was it undigested food, liquid, foam? Any diarrhea? Cats vomit for dozens of reasons: kidney disease, pancreatitis, liver disease, infection, parasites, heart disease, something they ate they are trying to expel, etc. If she is still eating, that is a good sign. If her gums look pink, that is also a sign this may not be serious. I might limit her food until the vomiting stops. You can try giving her famotidine, 2.5 mg every 12 hours, for vomiting/nausea. Does she go outside, or is she indoor only?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indoor cat, liquid and no diarrhoea
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Being indoors makes it less likely she ate anything he shouldn't. If this were my own cat, I might only let her drink water for today. I would try giving 2.5 mg famotidine (it is an over the counter medication for people in the US), and if she does not vomit for 12 hours, start back on very small meals tomorrow. If this continues, if her gums look pale, I would have her checked out.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the great rating.