Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I rescued a little white cat from a home where a dog was

Customer Question

I rescued a little white cat from a home where a dog was scaring her. The cat was given to this lady who also had a dog and she kept the cat in her bathroom throughout the few days she had it. When I saw that little face and how stressed and scared she was I offered the woman to shelter the cat in my flat away from the stress and fear of the dog. it has been 3 days and nights now and I am the one who has become stressed and scare of this cat. She persistently scream day and night as if awoman in labour disturbing my sleep my mood and no doubt the neighbours too. She eat very well sleeps well is very active her bowel is fine is also playful but the screamings are awful amd scary. She is netween 4 to 6 months old and was told she is deaf but I dont know anything else about her past and the household she comes from. Can u help?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian in the US who works exclusively with cats and dogs. I'm so glad to hear that you've taken in this little kitty in hopes of making her life better! I will help you as best I can from afar. Is she spayed yet? Cats who are in heat will wail and cry incessantly until they are either bred or spayed. Episodes of this estrus behavior can come and go, but they will be present more often than not until she gets spayed. It could be other things like the mental stress of moving or just unfamiliarity with her new home that she needs to work through. A pheromone product like the Feliway diffuser or a pheromone collar like the Sentry Calming Collar can help her get through a stressful time:http://www.feliway.com/uk/http://www.sentrypetcare.com/products/sentry-calming-collar-for-cats/ Above all, though, it's most important that she have an exam by your veterinarian to be sure that there's not a medical issue causing her behavior. If she's not yet spayed, then I would suspect that this could be estrus (heat) behavior.Please let me know what questions I can handle for you.~Dr. Sara----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions please simply reply with your follow up questions. I would be happy to continue chatting. If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)